10 January, 2014

Happy New Year...flashback

When I started this blog two years ago, I completed this New Years Meme that I found on the blog Mommy Wants Vodka. Two years later, and nearly Year of the Horse, Happy New Year!

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I went to the circus! The Univer-Soul Circus, to be precise!


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made one for 2013. For this "Year of the Horse", I've decided I will do/see something new each month to learn about my new city.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
It seems that all my new coworkers had given birth the year before. No lie, 6 babies in one year at my firm!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
A couple of people at my former church. There was a scare with my Aunt, this year, but no deaths.

5. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Local girlfriends

6. What countries did you visit?
None, but a few states.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
12.17. It's the date that Brett moved to Indy - just 15 minutes away!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Overcoming my fear and successfully hosting a major company dinner.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Making new friends. I still have no "hang-out" friends.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Whiplash when I fell on the ice - no wait, that was already this January. Umm...Nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My electric kettle. Every morning I use it, and because it doesn't sit on the stove-top, it doesn't get grease-splattered!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Give me some ideas. In this country, we've been lamenting our poor political leadership for so long, I can't think of anything positive.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My EX-sister-in-law.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel across state lines to see Brett. That's over now, though!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning our trip to Delaware so I can do the Polar Bear Plunge again! The trip is coming up in a few weeks, but the planning has been exciting.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, which I've never heard in it's entirety, but it had so much press. Holy Cow.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer. Having a job will do that!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Vegging in front of the TV.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents, at my parents, at Brett's brother's, at church. Oy vey.

21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
I’ll make up my own question like everyone else.
What do you feel you missed out on in 2013?
My family reunion.

22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fell even more in love with Brett than I did in 2012.

23. How many one-night stands?
Many. All with the same guy. :)

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory is still the winner, but I've also become hooked on Grimm.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah.


26. What was the best book you read?
The Weird Sisters. At least it was the most memorable.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No discoveries this year.

28. What did you want and get?
A fantastic apartment!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't even think of what I saw...

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don’t do my birthday. I  might do something this year, because it's a significant one.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If the fitness center at my development had working machines.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
business-casual, with a heavy dose of sweats and flannel at home!

34. What kept you sane?
Prayer ...and alcohol. (I like this answer. I'm keeping it.)


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I've always secretly doted on Drew Carey.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The impasse about the budget. Americans have all become giant, inflexible, sticks-in-the-mud. If nobody is every willing to compromise, nothing will ever be accomplished. BOTH need to give a little.

37. Who did you miss?
All my friends in Delaware. A lot.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My 5yo niece Titania! She's a doll. She sparkles and smacks; she's full of spunk... and reminds me at times of ...me. haha.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Family is the most important.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now"

(Banana Pancakes, by Jack Johnson)

4 comments:

  1. The video for Wrecking Ball was bad... but I'd be lying to say I hated the song. When I still worked at the restaurant, my friend and I would play it on her phone just to annoy the kitchen staff. So of course we ended up scream-singing it. It kind of grows on you after a while. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it annoys me that it doesn't annoy me.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!! I has been a good year. We'll see where the new year takes us now that we are so close together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Red! It's good to get a catch-up, I haven't seen you in a while :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.